Tuesday 24 July 2012

My little luxuries...



We all have it, them, the guilty pleasures, the little luxuries in life. Apart from the much talked about 50 shades of Gray, oh yeah, Mr Gray bring it on, you will pleased to know there are other luxuries to be had. I found a couple last week.

A friend of mine and I decided to go to Bristol Food Festival and the sun even shone on Sunday for us. Admittedly it is not Italy's 33 degrees sun but hey we are in England! We had a fantastic day and I found lots of goodies and one of the most interesting this year is the Ginseng liqueur, if it wasn't for the gigantic ferrero rocher ice cream I had, I would have gone for a Ginseng cocktail! I couldn't have devoured a single thing even if I now eat for two! Those two very generous and insane ice cream vendors had loads to answer for. We attended a Martin Blunos talk and my god that man can talk, full of interesting facts but left us not wanting more. It felt like info overload. That lasted for an hour and we try to walk off our ice cream, I came across the Cornish Sea Salt Co. I was like a kid in a sweet shop. I love salt and I have always wanted to get some but just couldn't justify how much they cost in the farm shop, £3.99 for 125g! They were doing a good deal on the salt which included all the different salt pots. Well £13.50 later I walked away with not one but 7 pots of various sizes of salt! Bargain! Like I said you got to have some luxuries in life.






I found another little gem on Morrison's special offer aisle, Onken mango, papaya and passionfruit yoghurt for £1.00. Bargain! Creamy, not too sweet, not too acidic and has a very exotic flavour. I had to physically stop myself eating the entire pot. If I do so be it, its healthy ;) Ahh it's the little things that count in life. Rain..what rain! I am going to enjoy this come rain or shine.

No comments:

Post a Comment