Saturday 16 July 2011

Not a millionaire....

Yes by now everyone in the country or best part of Europe will know the Weirs are the jackpot winner of £161 million. Am very very very disappointed. I didn't check my ticket till later in the week and I really thought it would be me! I started to plan what I would do, where I would go you know the usual stuff.... Phyllis and I finally checked on Thursday morning and I could see the disappointment in Phyllis's face too especially we have promised to give a considerable amount of money to each other. Well bugger! Bugger bugger bugger...
I hate the winners already but I saw them on TV yesterday and I have to say I really like them. They came across as a really nice couple and although I wish it would be me but that's life my friends. I wish them all the best and then thought well I am not a millionaire but nothing to say I shouldn't at least try to enjoy life like one...on a budget of course! So I commiserate the news with leftover ingredients from the fridge, whipped up a quick and yummy dinner, put some Prosecco (would have been Champagne if I have won, grrr) in crystal glasses and pack for my night away in Tudor Farmhouse in Clearwell.
Stir fried pak choi with beansprouts, chilli chicken and plain boil rice...Hmmm comfort food

I bought a Groupon night away to Tudor Farmhouse sometime ago and it was lovely. In a sleepy town of Clearwell in Gloucestershire, lies this fantastic gem, in fact all the houses we came across were immaculate! The thing that surprised me was the quality of food in this town. We had lunch in a pub which smoked their own duck, baked their own bread and air dried their own ham!! I was in heaven. Then it just got better. We had dinner then breakfast at the Farmhouse. Provenance of food is evident at this place because they put where their bacon, sausage, butter and bread came from!! The hospitality was also top notch. I worked for a luxurious country hotel before and this little farmhouse hotel gave it a run for its money!


At this stage I do feel better for not winning! And to be honest I don't think I will ever be a millionaire but I will always find ways to enjoy life and it is possible to have a lifestyle of one if you are creative :) But Weirs, if you are reading this by come miracle I won't mind having a few millions.....

No comments:

Post a Comment